Our local removal work throughout the Gold Coast is carried out on an hourly rate, although a free written quote on all removal jobs can be arranged if required. Our rate for Monday – Friday is $120 per hour inclusive of GST for 2 experienced men and removalist truck. Saturday work is at $110 per hour inclusive of GST. For 3 men, $150 per hour inclusive of GST Monday to Saturday. We have a 2 hour minimum. Door to door rates apply. This means that the clock starts at your pickup address and is turned off at the completion of delivery.
We have a weekly back loading service from Sydney to the Sunshine Coast and pride ourselves in our ability to provide our customers with a very reliable, cost effective move to their new location. Basically back loading is a way of keeping prices down when long distance travel is involved, by customers fitting in with pre-scheduled trips. This keeps our costs down in each individual move, which in turn keeps your costs down. With most customers having 1 or 2 days flexibility in their pickup dates, the majority of clients have no trouble at all in being picked up and delivered within their desired time frame.
Taylor Made Relocations employs staff who are fully experienced and will handle your possessions with the utmost care, but accidents do occasionally occur and there are insurances that cover all aspects. We are covered by Transit insurance which means that if our truck is involved in an accident , rolls over or is affected by flood or fire, the truck and all contents are covered by insurance for damage or loss.
This is not All Risk insurance, which covers for breakages, scratching, damage etc while in transit or in handling. We recommend you contact Allianz Insurance if you require this type of cover. Contact us for Insurance information.
Taylor Made Relocations offer a comprehensive full home or office pre-pack service which will save you the arduous task of packing your household belongings. We can also supply you with all types of packing materials if you prefer to do it yourself.
We supply and use the following:
- Double walled standard removal cartons – $5.50 each
- Good quality recycled cartons – $ 3.75 each
- Book cartons – $3.50 each
- Porta-robes for hanging clothes – $17.50 each
- Lounge covers fitted by our staff on the day – $20 for a 3 seater $15 single seater
- Dining chair covers – $5 each fitted by our staff
- Mattress covers – $15 each fitted by our staff
- Picture/Mirror cartons
- White wrapping paper
- Tissue paper
- We offer free delivery for 20 cartons or more within the Gold Coast area
Looking for Storage or Packaging locally? We use and recommend Storage King Tweed Heads. Mention our name and John or Murray will look after you.
Storage King Tweed Heads
Address: 152-156 Minjungbal Dr, Tweed Heads NSW 2486 Australia
Phone: 07 5524 4866
Fax: 07 5524 7548
- Choose the correct size carton. Fill the larger cartons with lighter items or a mix of heavy and light, with the heavier items on the bottom
- Don’t overload large cartons with things like books or full bottles. Use the smaller cartons for these items.
- To save boxes consider putting doonas, blankets, soft toys, towels, pillows etc into heavy duty garbage bags
- Line the bottom of cartons with padding, either towels, sheets or scrunched paper
- Boxes with breakables should be packed with alternating layers of padding (towels or sheets are good, as well as scrunched paper) and individually wrapped. Finish off with a layer or padding
- Tape bottom flaps of boxes securely, don’t interlock flaps
- Use good quality tape
- Tape cartons shut with flaps closed but not interlocked
- Label each carton with contents contained and the room in which it belongs
- It’s a good idea to keep one carton aside for moving day essentials such as kettle, tea, coffee, toilet paper and cleaning items.